Do you hear chatter about personal branding, branding yourself or getting ‘branded?’ Is it really necessary you wonder; what is it all about, and do I really need a brand?
Branding yourself or your business is all about creating and controlling the first impression you offer to your potential clients. In our image driven society the bar has been set high, we are conditioned to expect quality marketing and often make judgments about companies who do not think it through.
- Makes you unique,
- Promotes a professional image which inspires confidence in your product or service,
- Gives a visual personality to your business
- Promotes recognition allowing you to become a familiar face whether they know you or not
Before you can communicate who you are and what you stand for to your clients, you have to clarify it in your own mind first. Working through the thought process of creating a brand helps pinpoint the answers to questions like:
- Who are we as a company?
- What is the culture / personality of this business? (Friendly, innovative, traditional?)
- What do we do and how is this product or service offered?
Sound like too much work? Remember the quote we started with, “You have a brand whether you like it or not.” Every time you communicate with potential clients you say something about yourself and your company. Why not get professional help to make sure you are communicating a message you want them to hear?